Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Cranberry Oatmeal Bars


I saw this recipe while flipping through my old Penzeys Spices magazine.  As you know, I am attracted to easy and healthy recipe, even though I couldn't really say this recipe is healthy but hey it has oats and dried cranberries in it!  Hahaha....  Anyway, what got me in the end is this one bowl and a hand whisk preparation method.  I don't like to see a sink full of things to wash in the end, so I always favor this type of recipe.

I liked this recipe, the cranberry oatmeal bars turned out very fragrant and delicious.  Next time I can make this for teacher treat or party.  My girls took this as their school snacks and ate it as after school snack.  Easy to make, less thing to wash and delicious to eat, what more can you ask for? *wink*





This recipe is shared by Jen from www.Penzeys.com.

3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, melted
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup white sugar  (I used cane sugar)
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 cups raw rolled oats
1 cup dried cranberries

Methods:

In a large bowl, put in the butter.  Put it in the microwave and heat it for 1 min or until the butter is melted.  Take it out and whisk it, let cool.  At the meantime line your 8 x 8 inch baking pan with parchment paper.  Preheat your oven to 350'F.  Add both sugars in with the melted butter, whisk until combined.  Break in an egg, add vanilla and cinnamon, whisk to combine.

Lastly, add in the flour, oats and cranberries.  Use a spatula to mix it well.  Spread into the prepared pan and bake for 30 minutes.  Cool completely in the pan and then cut into squares.  Store in air-tight container.  Enjoy!




1 comment:

Juliana said...

Somehow I have never made bars...these look great...especially as a snack...thanks for the inspiration Ching!
Hope you are having a nice week :)