Monday, June 22, 2015

Simply Butter Cake


I was looking for a butter cake recipe that I had tried before but somehow lost the recipe.  I found this recipe at allrecipes.com that seem like the one I was looking for.  So, I set out to give this recipe a try.  It turned out buttery with vanilla fragrant but the texture was not really what I was searching for.  I don't know whether it was me using the raw cane sugar instead of granulated white sugar has anything to do with it?  It was soft with buttery vanilla flavor!





This recipe is graciously shared by Carol for allrecipes.com.  I slightly changed it to what I have at home.

Ingredients:

1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. sea salt
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 cup/ 1 stick of butter, room temperature
1 cup cane sugar
2 large brown eggs, room temperature
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
3/4 cup almond milk, room temperature

Methods:

1.  Sift together flour, salt and baking powder.

2.  Preheat oven to 350'F.  Line bottom of 8-inch square baking pan. with parchment paper.

3.  Beat together butter and sugar until fluffy and light in color.  Add eggs one at a time.  Stir in vanilla, mix well.  Add the dry ingredients alternately with almond milk, mix until just blended.  Pour batter into prepared pan.

4.  Bake for 30 minutes or a toothpick inserted comes out clean.  Cool in pan for 10 minutes before inverting to cool completely on wire rack.


No comments: