Thursday, April 16, 2015

Cranberries Oat Cookies



I wanted to show my appreciation to my manager on my last day of work and what's better way to show it by giving her a packet of my homemade cookies that were made with love?  I hope she will like my cookies as that's how I spread my love to others.  

I loved receiving homemade baked or food too as I know there were love and efforts put into making those.  Always being appreciative of others' effort is a value that I taught my girls, don't take things for granted.

These cookies are crunchy with the fragrant of butter mixed with vanilla, and oh so good!  It makes a great gift too as it holds well in shape when packaged.




Ingredients:

(A)
1 large brown egg
1 stick of butter (1/2 cup)
1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1/4 cup + 1/8 cup cane sugar

(B)
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup oats
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. sea salt
1/2 cup cranberries

Methods:

1.  In a large Pyrex bowl, put in the butter and microwave for 1 minute or until the butter melted.  Take it out, whisk to cool.  Add in vanilla, mix well.  Add in the egg, whisk well.  Add in cane sugar and whisk until mixed well.

2.  Add in both flours, baking powder, salt and oats.  Use a spatula and mix until well blended.  Add in the cranberries, mix well with the spatula.

3.  Preheat oven to 350'F.  Line both large baking sheets with parchment paper. Use a small cookie scoop and scoop batter and place on top of the parchment paper 1 inch apart until finish.  Use a fork and press down in the middle.

4.  Bake for 15 minutes.  Cool on pan for 5 minutes before transferring it to cool completely on the wire racks.  When cooled, store in an air-tight container.

~Yields about 35 cookies.


3 comments:

Veronica said...

Homemade goodies are always appreciated because they are a labour of love. Your cookies look pretty.

tigerfish said...

How sweet and thoughtful of you to bake these cookies for your manager :) you set a good example for your girls too, this way.

Juliana said...

Great idea adding cranberries to oatmeal cookies...I love the touch of sweet and tart.
Hope you are enjoying your week Ching :)