Thursday, December 26, 2013

Citrusy Biscotti with Dried Cranberries, Chocolate Chips and Coconut


This recipe is adapted from my previous Tropical Biscotti Recipe. It is so delicious and I wonder why I only make biscotti during the Christmas holidays.   It is not difficult to make at all, you only need a hand whisk and then a spatula before using your hand to knead the dough.  The only troublesome part is you have to double or triple bake it.  I bake mine three times because I like it brown on all sides.

I already perfected this recipe the last time, even I go back to my old recipe to make biscotti, so you can rest ensure that it will turn out good, not hard rock that you couldn't even bite into it.  It is so good that you can eat it just like that or dip it in your coffee.  I received compliments on my biscotti every time I give it away.

Wishing all of you a very Happy Holidays and a Happy New Year!!  It is a long holidays break for the kids, I guess I should start on a new Korean drama marathon.  *wink*



Ingredients:

(A)
1 stick of unsalted butter
3 large brown eggs
1 cup cane sugar
1 tsp. pure lemon extract
3 small cuties rinds (or you can use 1 orange rinds)

(B)
3 1/2 cup unbleached and unbromated white flour
1 Tbsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. sea salt

(C)
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup unsweetened finely shredded coconut for baking

Method:

1. Preheat oven to 375'F. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.

2. In a large Pyrex bowl, add in the butter and microwave for 1 minute.  Whisk well and let it cool.  Then, add in eggs, whisk well.  Add in cane sugar, lemon extract and rinds, whisk until well blended. Add in (B) and stir with a spatula until you can't stir anymore.  Switch to your hand and bring all the dough together and knead to form a dough. Divide dough into half and roll each roll into the length of the cookie sheet. Then move each roll to one cookie sheet and press down to 1/2 inch thickness.

3. Bake for 25 minutes or til golden brown. Remove to cool on wire rack. When it's cool enough to handle, slice each one crosswise into 1/2 inch slices with a serrated knife. Place the slices cut side up back to the cookie sheet and bake each side for a further 6 minutes.  Take it out, turn to the other side and bake for an additional 6 minutes.  Remove to cool on wire rack. Store in an air-tight container.  Enjoy!

3 comments:

daphne said...

That's so true! You reminded me I haven't made biscotti for ages. I love the added lemon extract and orange rinds!

tigerfish said...

I like nibbling on biscotti while sipping my coffee - simple luxury is the best! Hmmm...come to think of it, so good to hv this combi while watching Korean drama...hahah!

Wishing you and your family a Happy New Year :)

Victoria Bakes said...

i love the very festive season flavours in your biscotti!