Thursday, May 16, 2013

Pina Colada Yonana


It has been almost a year since I owned my Yonana maker and I am still loving it.  It is always cool to have a new recipe to try.  When I saw the Pina Colada recipe posted at Yonana's Facebook page, I just wanted to try it.  This recipe was posted by Gerry Quesinberry and thanks Gerry for sharing this fantastic recipe.  I made one quart (more than the recipe stated) to freeze so that I can have few scoops a day.  I always like to make a big batch so that I can freeze for later, also I don't have to wash the Yonana maker every time I feel like eating some.  *wink*

Recipe Source: Gerry Quesinberry.

Ingredients:

2 frozen ripe bananas, cut in half
2 slices frozen pineapple rings, cut in half (4 halves)
4 cubes frozen coconut milk


Method:

Let fruit and coconut milk cubes thaw for 15 minutes.
1. Insert 1/2 frozen banana
2. Add 1⁄2 slice frozen pineapple
3. Add 1 cube frozen coconut milk
Push through Yonana Maker and repeat 4 times

Note:

Peel ripe bananas and cut in half and put in plastic bag and freeze for 24 hours.

Freeze coconut milk in mini freezer trays so that they are a 1 inch cube size. When frozen, pop out cubes and store in plastic bag in freezer.

Cut canned or fresh pineapple slices in half and place on a cookie sheet and put in freezer. When frozen, put in plastic bag in freezer.

5 comments:

Teaspoon said...

Mmmm... ice cream. That sounds good especially on such a hot day :)

Yum Yucky said...

oh my gawwwd. YESSSSS. I have everything at home to Yonana this right now. BOOM!

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Good for a hot day and furthermore it is healthy..

tigerfish said...

I did not even know what is a yonana maker!?!?! :O

Little Corner of Mine said...

Tigerfish, since you are health conscious like me, you need to get this gadget! All you need is to push the frozen fruit through it and out came healthy ice-cream!! Even Singapore is selling Yonana now.