Saturday, April 03, 2010

Stir Fried Broccoli with Straw Mushrooms




















Broccoli is good for us.  If I cannot get to shop in my Asian store for my Chinese greens, I would buy broccoli.  Broccoli and cauliflower are more expensive in Malaysia and it was normally served on special occasions and during Chinese New Year.  My mom loved to mix broccoli and cauliflower together for the veggie dish she served on CNY.  Whereas, over here broccoli is pretty reasonable and we have it all seasons.

Sharing with you a dish that anyone can cook at home.  I think some of you have been cooking this at home too since it is a common home cook dish.





 


Ingredients:

Broccoli, about 1 bowl, cook in microwave for 2 minutes and set aside.
1 carrot, cut
Straw mushrooms, drained and rinsed (1 canned, get it at any Asian store)
2-3 cloves of garlic, chopped

Lee Kum Kee oyster sauce

Method:

1.  Heat up a wok with some canola oil.  When heated, add in garlic, stir-fry until fragrant and slightly golden.  Add in broccoli and carrots, fry well.

2.  Add in straw mushrooms and mixed well.  Add in oyster sauce and a little water.  Stir-fry well and dish out to serve.




13 comments:

Crystal said...

Mmm your stirfry looks delicious! Mushrooms and broccoli are such a good combination.

MaryMoh said...

A healthy vegetable dish. I would love that for dinner.

Noob Cook said...

This is a truly healthy dish!

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

I also like to cook this way, simpel and yummy!

Big Boys Oven said...

i love brocolli, such a versatile vegetable! :)

Joy said...

That looks so good. I love mushrooms.

Babe_KL said...

love broccoli cos they're so easy to match with other ingredients

Sue Me said...

I love broccoli! And I am fan of your blog. I simply love the healthy tips on how to cook an awesome dish :)

Little Corner of Mine said...

Thanks Crystal. I just bought another big bag of broccoli.

Thanks MaryMoh. I love healthy dish! :)

Yes noobcook. :P

Me too Sonia, simply and yummy, right on!

Me too BBOven. ;)

Thanks Joy!

Agreed babe_kl, not only that crunchy, delicious and healthy too.

Oh thanks Sue Me! :)

Food For Tots said...

I still prefer Australian broccoli than China broccoli even though it is more pricey. Miss it so much as there is any supply for these few months. Yours look so healthy and delicious! ;)

Blessed Homemaker said...

I grew up eating this and my mom cooks them with cauliflower too :) But I've never cooked this myself. Will definitely try it one day.

Family Lawyers Gold Coast said...

:p I just love chinese food. I can make this one but not good look as yours.

Unknown said...

Love straw mushrooms, here we can get fresh ones easily. Your dish made one super tasty side dish.