Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Stir-fried Bay Scallops in Thai Green Curry Paste



I bought some bay scallops when it was on sales for buy one gets one free. I loved to buy it to substitute for chicken breasts. I was thinking hard on how to cook the bay scallops and came out with this dish. The deep-fried tofu was a great addition in this dish as it soaked up the flavor and sauce of green curry and went very well with rice. Now I am curious, how do you normally prepare the bay scallops since it's so small?





Ingredients:

1 cup Bay Scallops
8-10 Deep-fried Tofu (taufu pok), sliced like above picture (get it at Asian Store)

1/2 cup Frozen peas and carrots, thawed
or frozen
2-3 Tbsp. Thai green curry paste

1 tsp. sugar

Cooking oil

About 1/2 cup of water


Method:

In a wok, heat up oil. When heated, add in bay scallops. Stir-fry until almost cooked, add in deep-fried tofu, peas & carrots. Stir-fry for a little while and then add in the green curry paste, a little water and sugar. Stir-well to mix. Serve hot.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Usually we just 'stir-fry' with shrimps, carrots, celery with oyster sauce.

Christina Kim said...

I don't know how to cook bay scallops...but I love to eat scallops..hehehe, that doesn't count, no?:P

@ GiGi House of Beauty said...

if i hv this bay scallops on hand, i usually stir fry it with prawn, add in slice onion, use sambal belacan paste. Alternatively, i will oso dump in some bay scallops when i cook Tom Yam soup! as it is seafood, the more varieties of seafood u hv in your tomyam soup, the better! Try it out!

Noob Cook said...

so creative to use thai green curry paste for stir fries. I bought some from bkk, I also have scallops in my freezer, so I may try this out!

Beachlover said...

Good choice of meal with bay scallop! I ususally use it to cook with seafood pasta or fried rice!

Unknown said...

the scallops look so darn cute! and i am sure they are super tasty with thai green curry paste...i am loving the tofu puffs too ^_^

Peony said...

I used them in porridge, soup, pasta and also stir-fry dishes. Add them at the last mins or they can be over-cooked.

Anonymous said...

This looks delicious and simple!

tigerfish said...

Bay Scallops 1-for-1? I can only dream of such deal.

ICook4Fun said...

For me I like to cook pasta with it and add some clams to it. I never cook anything spicy with it yet.

Meg said...

Love the combo of scallops and deep fried tofu!

Bits said...

Great combination! Your photo is great too.

daphne said...

that's a quick recipe too. I like the use of scallops-hv to go hunt some down!

Little Corner of Mine said...

Thanks anon for your suggestion. :)

Haha christy, there are some suggestions here. ;)

Thanks gigi. You gave me an idea for dinner yesterday, instead of tom yam soup, I added it in sundubu. :)

Noobcook, the green curry paste is very good for stir-frying.

Beachlover, I never try it with fried rice before, I did use it for war tan hor. Will try fried rice next time.

Thanks Rita.

Thanks Peony, porridge huh, will keep this in mind.

Thanks veggie.

Yes Tigerfish, we do get great deal from time to time.

Gert, I should try it in pasta too, don't remember whether I did that before.

Thanks meg!

Thanks bits of life n taste.

Daphne, most of stir-fry dishes are very quick, just the preparation might take a little time. :)

SIG said...

I love love scallops and over here there's no such thing as buy one get one free haha. I so wish. I cook scallops with pasta. Yum!

Big Boys Oven said...

this baby scalops sure looks inviting to me, I sure need an extra bowl of rice!

Par said...

This looks yummie, I want to grab a spoon and dig in.