Sunday, October 19, 2008

Green Tea Flavored Baked Donuts


Adding green tea powder for a change. You can add cocoa powder for a chocolate flavored donuts as well (recipe won't be the same as you will need more cocoa powder to bring out the flavor).


I split it open to share the texture of this donuts. It's still soft the second day.



Ingredients :

(A)
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup sugar
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon green tea powder

(B)
1 egg
1/2 cup plain yogurt
1 tablespoon canola oil
2 tablespoons milk (I used whole milk)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Toppings: sweeten coconut flakes & semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional). You can glaze it with green tea icing or coated it powder sugar before serving.

Method :

1. In a big bowl, combine (A). Whisk to mix well.

2. Push the flour to the side and in the center, add in (B). Mix (B) well with a whisk and mix the flour in to blend well. Set aside.

3. Spray the donut pan with nonstick cooking spray and divide the sweeten coconut flakes and chocolate chips at the bottom of each of the donut tube pans. Divide batter among pans. Place the batter only half full so that you will see donut hole when baked. 3/4 full will not be able to see any donut hole when baked.

4. Bake at 400°F for 10 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire rack.

~Yield 12-14 baked donuts

Check out my other baked donuts:
1. Healthy baked donuts
2. Assorted baked donuts




I am sharing this dish with Culinarty's Original Recipe blog event. Check it out every month on the week of 15th for the round up. Thanks!

14 comments:

Nazarina A said...

I rather love your green tea flavored doughnuts, they are just much healthier than the fried ones.The texture too looks absolutely wonderful! I am a fellow Coloradan! Hope we can be friends!

Anh said...

This is such a great and neat recipe! Will be trying it out! Thanks :)

Anonymous said...

where do you find your green tea powder? i have never seen it in grocery stores! is there a specific website you go to?

Christina Kim said...

Green tea flavored - that's so innovative:) I bet it's definitely soft the next day; it's freshly baked from the oven!~

Dora said...

Look soft even on the 2nd day means u have done a great job! ;)
Looks yummy...and hey! can i have a piece to try? ;p

Big Boys Oven said...

Very lovely, so awesome, look so well done donut! cool , never had one before, u are sucha trend setter! :)

Anonymous said...

I always thought that donuts are deep fried, hehe ... yours look better than Krispy Kreme =D

Beachlover said...

look good with green tea.Talking about donut,I still didn't attempt to make use my new donut pan yet!Hmmm...can bake now since it's quite cold now

Jin Hooi said...

sounds so cool and yummy!! Mind to send some over ;-)) I have never made my own donuts, should give this recipe a try one day

Lore said...

I keep telling myself that I have to try making baked doughnuts because that alone makes them healthier. I love how yours turned out and adding dessicated coconut on top sounds like a delish idea :)
Thanks for sharing them with the Original Recipes Round-Up!

Little Corner of Mine said...

Thanks nazarina, I do like this baked donut and hope you will like it too.

You're welcome anh. Hope you like it.

Ninja-sherry, I bought my green tea powder from a bakery supply shop in Malaysia.

Thanks christy. Yes, it's still soft the next day, even my hubby liked this.

Haha dora, sure, help yourself! :P

Thanks BBOven. I want to try your bakes too! ;P

Oh thank you noobcook. Does it means I can open a baked donut shop? :D

Thanks beachlover. Yeah, as long as you have some yogurt, it's just mix and bake, very easy recipe.

Thanks jin hooi, yup, should give the baked donut a try.

Thanks Lore. Baked donut is tasty in its baked donut way. :)

tigerfish said...

Open a donut shop....maybe call it Little Donut of Mine? :D

Little Corner of Mine said...

Tigerfish, :D

Dewi said...

Baked donuts green tea? gosh ... this is such a treat, I can eat this without feeling guilty. Nice and very creative way to indulge something, that otherwise artery clogging treat.