Monday, December 19, 2005

Mee Siam Malaysian Style

This is the mee siam I used to eat in Malaysia. I have no idea there is another kind of mee siam which comes with gravy and they called it Singaporean style mee siam until recently. I have not tasted it before and have no idea how it tasted like as well. Would love to try it if I have the chance.



This is my version of mee siam. The main seasoning is of course chilli sauce which gives the noodle the red color and makes it spicy, just the way I like it.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yummy !!!

Little Corner of Mine said...

Janet, thanks! :)

Lin, if you do make the S'pore mee siam, remember to post picture in your blog, I wanna see how it looks like. Too bad you're so far away, if not I would request a bowl from you! :P

Tazz said...

Ching, Singapore Mee Siam with gravy is very yummy! Must try, okay? ;)

Anonymous said...

I had visited your another webpage - U look exactly the same like 15 years ago ! When planning to come back to Malaysia ? your hubby's family is there or here ?

Little Corner of Mine said...

Tazz, ok..ok...but better yet, can you fedex one over? :P

Lin, thanks! Will check it out! :*

Janet, still waiting for your e-mail address leh. My hubby's family is in Johor Bahru. We just went back in May, so it will probably be 2-3 years before we go back again. Will sure go look for you next time, now that I have found you again! :)

Anonymous said...

Wow, your Mee Siam photo makes the dish look so delicious. Please...list your recipe!!!! :-)

Thanks so much!

Little Corner of Mine said...

Hi Speedoflight,

Thanks, the sauce used is chilli paste, oyster sauce, soy sauce and a little sugar. Just used any ingredients you have in your fridge would do.