Wednesday, March 23, 2005

My First Angku Kuih





Ahhh...finally made some angku kuih just now using the leftover mung bean paste. I used Amy Beh's recipe and it was all right. I just had the trouble to imprint the word in the middle of the angku. I'm going to put it in the refrigerator and pan-fry it tomorrow. Oh, I didn't put enough red coloring as well, as mine turned out to be orange angku. Also the skin texture is a bit too hard at the bottom, like not fully cooked. Don't know what's wrong with that. *sigh*

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

try using florence's recipe. amy beh's one got problem somewhere. i did it once. also hard

Anonymous said...

Hi

Mine is soft and chewy - got from my friends mother in law. If you want I can pass you the recipe.
Just email me your email address
lindasaurus2000@yahoo.com

Enjoy your blog...

Linda (Singapore)

Little Corner of Mine said...

Cool Linda, e-mail the recipe to me at littlecornerofmine@gmail.com

Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Could you please share the recipe for angku kuih? I love to eat and am going to try. Thanks!

Moon

Little Corner of Mine said...

Hi Moon,
Which angku kuih recipe were you referring to? If it is Linda recipe, why don't you just e-mail her and ask her yourself because I don't think it is my right to share her recipe. But if it is from my blog, I used the Amy Beh's recipe. You can find it online at www.kuali.com. Oh, follow Gina's advice and used Florence's recipe. Her blog is http://wlteef.blogspot.com/

Happy Trying!